Q: What do the Plastic Surgeon’s Fees include?
All Plastic Surgeon’s fees include the following:
- Operating room expenses in our outpatient surgery facility
- operating room fee
- surgical supplies to be used for the procedure
- scrub/circulating nurse
Note: If operation is to be done in a hospital setting, the patient shall pay all hospital charges, including operating room and hospital room charges.
- local anesthetic drugs
- vasoconstrictor drugs
- Cost of surgical implant (if any)
- Professional fee of plastic surgeon
The package excludes:
- Professional fee of anesthesiologist (unless specified)- usually amounts to one third of the surgeon’s fee
- Pre-operative studies such as blood tests, x-rays, pathology, etc.
- Postoperative medications and supplies
- Other charges not related to the procedure
- Charges incurred prior to surgery.
- Charges for other surgical procedures not included in package
- Room charges in hospital or hotel
- Food expenses
The fees are applicable for elective, uncomplicated patients.
Patients with the following conditions are considered to be complex or high risk cases and will not qualify for the basic package:
- Patients with underlying severe medical problems such as hypertension, heart disease, kidney disease, liver disease, HIV and uncontrolled diabetes.
- Bleeding disorders